Thank you for your interest in joining the provider network of Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island (Neighborhood). Requesting participation as a new contracted entity can be done in a few simple steps.
To add a new provider to a practice/group that is currently contracted with Neighborhood, click here.
In order to be participate in Neighborhood’s network, all practitioners and provider groups must be enrolled with Rhode Island Medicaid.
If you are currently not enrolled with Rhode Island Medicaid, please visit the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services Provider Enrollment Page for additional information on how to enroll: Rhode Island Medicaid Provider Enrollment Application
For questions regarding the enrollment application please contact the EOHHS Customer Service Help Desk directly at (800) 964-6211 or (401) 784-8100. Alternatively, you may also email RIProviderServices@gainwelltechnologies.com.
Upon successful enrollment with Rhode Island Medicaid, Neighborhood will be able to start the contracting process.
If you are currently enrolled with Rhode Island Medicaid and require a new contract with Neighborhood, please complete the following applicable application:
- Are you joining as a Primary Care Provider, please click here
- Are you joining as a Facility Provider, please click here
- Are you joining as a Substance Use Disorder Provider, please click here
- Are you joining as a Doula Provider, please click here
- Are you joining as any Other Provider Type, please click here
- If you are a Behavioral Health provider, please click here to contact Neighborhood’s behavioral health vendor, Optum
- If you are a pharmacy, please click here to contact Neighborhood’s Pharmacy Vendor
- If you are a Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Provider, please click here to contact Neighborhood’s DME Vendor
What to Expect After you Apply
- You will receive a confirmation of your participation request when you submit your application
- We will quickly review your application and provide a response within five business days
What to Expect After Your Application is Approved
- A contract document will be sent to you for signature through DocuSign
- A web address will be provided to you to complete credentialing and payment information
- Credentialing will begin upon the receipt of a complete application and may take up to 45 calendar days. Please refer to the Neighborhood Provider Manual for further details regarding the Credentialing process.
- A counter-executed contract with the effective date will be provided once you are approved through credentialing
- Provider Relations will welcome you to the network
Please note that you must be approved through the credentialing process and have a countersigned contract before you can see patients as an approved network provider.