Getting your flu shot this season is more important than ever
An annual seasonal flu shot is the best way to help protect against flu and lowers your risk of getting very sick. Everyone ages six months and older should get a flu shot. It is very important that people who are older, children, pregnant women, and people with chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes and heart disease get their flu shot.
Neighborhood members can get a no-cost flu at:
- Your provider’s office
- A pharmacy such as Walgreens or CVS
- Local flu shot clinics
Flu Shot Facts
- Flu shots are recommended for most people six months and older.
- The flu shot is safe and is the best defense against the flu.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu shot.
- You can get a flu shot and a COVID-19 vaccine at the same time.
Talk to your provider today and make sure you are up to date on all of your recommended vaccinations.
For more information on the flu, see the resources below:
Rhode Island Department of Health – Flu Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Flu Resources
Flu Shot Flyer – English/Spanish