Neighborhood is grateful to our network providers for the care and response provided to our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to assist you in working with Neighborhood during this evolving situation, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding COVID-19. Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 Provider Guidance web page for the most up-to-date information.
Below is a list of frequently used payment policies during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to view all current Neighborhood billing guidelines and payment polices. Former versions of the temporary COVID-19 payment polices are listed in the “Archives.”
- COVID-19 Vaccine Payment Policy– Updated June 15, 2021
- Temporary COVID-19 Prior Authorization Policy– Updated June 10, 2021
- Temporary COVID-19 Telemedicine/Telephone-only
- Temporary COVID-19 Telemedicine/Telephone-only Preventive Medicine Visits
- Temporary COVID-19 Testing and Treatment Services Policy
- Telemedicine Payment Policy
Throughout this challenging time, Neighborhood has worked closely with the Rhode Island Department of Health, the Rhode Island Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner (OHIC), the Executive Office of Health & Human Services, and other health experts to understand the impact to our members, providers, as well as, our own business. The COVID-19 Provider Guidance webpage will be updated as more information becomes available.