Neighborhood currently surveys primary care practices each quarter to ensure that access to care meets the established standards.
Neighborhood’s access to care standards are:
- Urgent care appointments are available within 24 hours.
- Non-urgent symptomatic care appointments are available within 30 days.
- Routine care (excluding complete physical exams) appointments are available within 30 days.
- Appointments for new members to the Plan who do not have an existing relationship with a primary care practitioner are available within 60 days.
- Routine physical exam appointments are available within 180 days.
In June 2016, Neighborhood surveyed sixty-two (62) primary care practices with five hundred (500) or more assigned members. Access was surveyed for new and established members and the results were:
- 98% of the practices met the urgent care standard.
- 100% of the practices met the non-urgent symptomatic care.
- 98% of the practices met the routine care access standard.
- 98% of the practices met new members to the Plan standard.
- 100% of the practices met the routine physical exam standard.
Given the growth in Neighborhood’s membership, our network’s performance is exceptional! Neighborhood wishes to extend its appreciation to the provider network.