COVID-19 Provider Guidance
Neighborhood is grateful to our network providers for the care and response provided to our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to assist you in working with Neighborhood during this evolving situation, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding COVID-19.
Below is a list of payment policies frequently referenced during the COVID-19 public health emergency:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Payment Policy – Archive 5; The most recent version of this policy was effective September 27, 2021 through November 11, 2021. On November 12, 2021 the COVID-19 Vaccine Payment Policy – Archive 5 guidance was combined into an updated Immunization and Vaccine Payment Policy.
- Temporary COVID-19 Prior Authorization Policy; Updated October 1, 2021
- Temporary COVID-19 Testing and Treatment Services Policy; Updated January 1, 2021
The following polices were reinstated on January 28, 2022 (See Reinstatement of Temporary Telemedicine/Telephone-Only Payment Policies):
- Telemedicine Services Payment Policy
- Temporary COVID-19 Telemedicine/Telephone-only Preventive Medicine Visits
- Temporary COVID-19 Telemedicine/Telephone-only Services – Updated April 8. 2022
Click here to view all current Neighborhood billing guidelines and payment polices. Former versions of the temporary COVID-19 payment polices are listed in the Archives.
Throughout this challenging time, Neighborhood has worked closely with the Rhode Island Department of Health, the Rhode Island Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner (OHIC), the Executive Office of Health & Human Services, and other health experts to understand the impact to our members, providers, as well as, our own business. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Self-Care Strategies for Enduring the Pandemic, a wellness webinar, was held on September 9, 2021. Click here to access a recording of the event.
- Toolkit on COVID-19 Vaccine: Health Insurance Issuers and Medicare Advantage Plans (From CMS on January 7, 2021)
- COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facility Guidance (From CMS on April 2, 2020)
- Telehealth Toolkits for General Practitioners and ESRD Providers (From CMS on March 20, 2020)
- General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit (From CMS on March 17, 2020)
Last updated: April 12, 2022 @ 2:42 pm
Previous Updates: Mar 10, 2020 @ 4:46 pm; Mar 6, 2020 @ 5:08 pm